When it comes to patient care, I think the most important thing is good, effective communication; making sure the patient is well-informed of all of their options and how they can maximize their recovery.
Dr. Brett E. Grizzell is a board-certified cardiothoracic surgeon, skilled in minimally invasive surgery and TAVR (transcatheter aortic valve replacement).
He provides comprehensive care for patients suffering from heart disease, cardiovascular disease, arrhythmias, and also performs surgical treatment for diseases of the chest and lungs.
“With the advances in medicine today, it’s very rewarding to see a patient return to the office after undergoing a major surgery in a minimally-invasive fashion,” said Dr. Grizzell. “My greatest wish for my patients is that they enjoy the quality of life they want for themselves.”
Dr. Grizzell was raised in Wichita and received his Doctor of Medicine from the University of Kansas School of Medicine.
Special Surgical Interests
Wichita Surgical Specialists: Kansas Heart Office Plaza, Suite 103
9350 E. 35th St. N., Suite 103
Wichita, KS 67226
Business Hours Telephone: 316-858-5000
Toll Free Telephone: 866-858-5001
- Medical Degree: Doctor of Medicine – University of Kansas School of Medicine; Wichita, Kansas; 2000-2004
- Residency: General Surgery – University of Kansas School of Medicine; Wichita, Kansas; 2004-2009
- Fellowship: Cardiothoracic Surgery – Washington University / Barnes-Jewish Medical Center; St. Louis, Missouri; 2009-2011
Current Teaching Appointments
- Clinical Assistant Professor: Department of Surgery, University of Kansas School of Medicine; Wichita, Kansas; 2011 - Present
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Kansas Medical Society
- Medical Society of Sedgwick County