My goal as a vascular surgeon is to develop successful partnerships with my patients and deliver the most up-to-date and advanced therapy so they may have a better quality of life.
Dr. Amin Ahmed is a board-certified surgeon specializing in vascular surgery, practicing with Wichita Surgical Specialists.
Born in Saudi Arabia, Dr. Ahmed received his Doctor of Medicine at the University of Khartoum in Khartoum, Sudan; completed his residency in general surgery at the University of Toledo in Toledo, Ohio; and completed fellowships in surgical critical care at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota and vascular surgery at St Louis University in St. Louis, Missouri.
“As a vascular surgeon, the relationships I develop with my patients are unique and I have the ability to make a profound difference in their quality of life and longevity,” said Dr. Ahmed. “I find the technical challenge presented by vascular surgery in its open and endovascular techniques fascinating and it provides me with an ongoing drive to achieve excellence in my patients’ outcomes.”
Dr. Ahmed is excited to be in Kansas and looks forward to serving the Wichita community to deliver patients with treatment and intervention aiming to achieve excellence and optimal outcomes.
Special Surgical Interests
Wichita Surgical Specialists: Kansas Heart Office Plaza, Suite 103
9350 E. 35th St. N., Suite 103
Wichita, KS 67226
Business Hours Telephone: 316-858-5000
Toll Free Telephone: 866-858-5001
- Medical Degree: Doctor of Medicine – University of Khartoum; Khartoum, Sudan; 2004-2011
- Internship: Federal Ministry of Health; Khartoum, Sudan; 2012
- Residency: General Surgery – University of Toledo; Toledo, Ohio; 2015-2021
- Fellowship: Surgical Critical Care – Mayo Clinic; Rochester, Minnesota; 2018-2019
- Fellowship: Vascular Surgery – St. Louis University; St. Louis, Missouri; 2021-2023
- American Board of Surgery, General Surgery; 2021
- American Board of Surgery, Surgical Critical Care; 2021