Steven A. Hutchinson, MD, FACS Vascular Surgeon
The basic essence of what I do … patient care, one-on-one interaction, fixing patients with circulatory issues … that hasn’t changed, and my enthusiasm and the satisfaction I get out of that has not changed in 35 years.
Dr. Steven A. Hutchinson is a double board-certified surgeon in general surgery and vascular surgery, practicing with Wichita Surgical Specialists.
As a peripheral vascular surgeon, Dr. Hutchinson helps patients with conditions that pertain to the circulatory system outside of the heart, using the latest surgical methods for aneurysms, stroke and carotid arteries.
“My goal as a surgeon is to provide the best possible care I can for each patient, and to bring simplicity and clarity to what might be thought of as a complex or difficult situation,” said Dr. Hutchinson.
Special Surgical Interests
Wichita Surgical Specialists: Kansas Heart Office Plaza, Suite 103
9350 E. 35th St. N., Suite 103
Wichita, KS 67226
Business Hours Telephone: 316-858-5000
Toll Free Telephone: 866-858-5001
- Medical Degree: Doctor of Medicine – University of Kansas School of Medicine; Kansas City, Kansas & Wichita, Kansas; 8/80-5/84
- Residency: General Surgery – St. Francis Regional Medical Center; Wichita, Kansas; 7/84-6/89
- Fellowship: Peripheral Vascular Surgery – Mayo Clinic; Rochester, Minnesota; 7/89-6/90
- American Board of Surgery, General Surgery; 1990 - 2000
- American Board of Surgery, Vascular Surgery; 1992 - Present
Current Teaching Appointments
- Clinical Assistant Professor: Department of Surgery, University of Kansas School of Medicine; Wichita, Kansas; 1993 - Present
- Co-director: Non-Invasive Vascular Lab , Kansas Heart Hospital; Wichita, Kansas
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Alpha-Omega Alpha (AOA)
- Kansas Medical Society
- Mayo Alumni Association
- Medical Honor Society
- Medical Society of Sedgwick County
- Peripheral Vascular Surgery Society
- Society for Clinical Vascular Surgery