It’s very important to me that my patients understand their care process, we have open communication and they are satisfied with their surgical care.
Dr. Porter is the Surgery Residency Program Director for the KU School of Medicine-Wichita.
He received his medical degree at the University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita and completed his general surgery residency at the University of Kansas School of Medicine-Kansas City. He completed his fellowship in colon and rectal surgery at Ferguson Hospital in Grand Rapids, MI.
Special Surgical Interests
- Medical Degree: Doctor of Medicine – University of Kansas School of Medicine; Kansas City, Kansas; 1981-1985
- Residency: General Surgery – University of Kansas School of Medicine; Wichita, Kansas; 1985-1990
- Fellowship: Colon and Rectal Surgery – Ferguson Hospital; Grand Rapids, Michigan; 1990-1991
- American Board of Surgery; 1991 - Present
- American Board of Colon and Rectal Surgery; 1992 - Present
Current Teaching Appointments
- Clinical Associate Professor: Department of Surgery, University of Kansas School of Medicine; Wichita, Kansas; 2012 - Present
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Fellow, American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Ferguson Surgical Society
- Kansas Medical Society
- Medical Society of Sedgwick County
- Society American Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons
- United Ostomy Association
- Wichita Surgical Society