Michael G. Porter, MD, FACS, FASCRS Colon-Rectal Surgeon
It’s very important to me that my patients understand their care process, we have open communication and they are satisfied with their surgical care.
Michael G. Porter, MD, is a board-certified general surgeon and colon-rectal specialist with Wichita Surgical Specialists.
Dr. Porter is the Surgery Residency Program Director for the KU School of Medicine-Wichita.
He received his medical degree at the University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita and completed his general surgery residency at the University of Kansas School of Medicine-Kansas City. He completed his fellowship in colon and rectal surgery at Ferguson Hospital in Grand Rapids, MI.
Special Surgical Interests
Wichita Surgical Specialists: Main Office
818 N Emporia St,, Suite 200
Wichita, KS 67214
Business Hours Telephone: 316-263-0296
Toll Free Telephone: 800-362-3130
- Medical Degree: Doctor of Medicine – University of Kansas School of Medicine; Kansas City, Kansas; 1981-1985
- Residency: General Surgery – University of Kansas School of Medicine; Wichita, Kansas; 1985-1990
- Fellowship: Colon and Rectal Surgery – Ferguson Hospital; Grand Rapids, Michigan; 1990-1991
- American Board of Surgery; 1991 - Present
- American Board of Colon and Rectal Surgery; 1992 - Present
Current Teaching Appointments
- Clinical Associate Professor: Department of Surgery, University of Kansas School of Medicine; Wichita, Kansas; 2012 - Present
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Fellow, American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Ferguson Surgical Society
- Kansas Medical Society
- Medical Society of Sedgwick County
- Society American Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons
- United Ostomy Association
- Wichita Surgical Society