Jeremy L. Howes, MD, FACS General Surgeon
My philosophy of care is very easy. I treat everybody like it’s my loved one. So, every move I make with respect to patient management, I try to pretend like that’s my loved one, or I’m the one in that bed, and how I’d have it done.
Dr. Jeremy L. Howes is a board-certified general surgeon. Practicing with Wichita Surgical Specialists, he specializes in a bariatric (weight loss) surgery.
“My biggest hope for my patients is that I provide hope for them and their family members as they encounter a difficult situation and that I can help them resume the activities they enjoy,” said Dr. Howes.
His other surgical specialties include trauma and acute care surgery; spinal approach surgery; and surgical treatments for conditions of the upper digestive system (gastrointestinal system), including hernias and GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease).
Dr. Howes came to Wichita during his residency and enjoyed the city and the medical community so much, he stayed to practice here.
Special Surgical Interests
Wichita Surgical Specialists: Wesley Medical Plaza
551 N. Hillside St., Suite 201
Wichita, KS 67214
Business Hours Telephone: 316-263-0296
Toll Free Telephone: 800-362-3130
- Medical Degree: Doctor of Medicine – Louisiana State University School of Medicine; New Orleans, Louisiana; 6/99-6/03
- Residency: General Surgery – University of Kansas School of Medicine; Wichita, Kansas; 7/03-6/08
- American Board of Surgery, General Surgery; 2009 - Present
Current Teaching Appointments
- Clinical Assistant Professor: Department of Surgery, University of Kansas School of Medicine; Wichita, Kansas; 2009 - Present
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Kansas Medical Society
- Medical Society of Sedgwick County
- American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgeons