I’m most passionate about my family, and how that incorporates into patient care as well. I think if you are passionate about your family then you treat people like you would treat your family.
Dr. Nicholas M. Brown is a board-certified general surgeon with Wichita Surgical Specialists. He specializes in bariatric surgery and the surgical treatment of GERD.
“What I find most rewarding with my job is the ability to see a patient’s long-term success; to see the impact you’ve made in somebody’s life. No job is perfect, but if there’s something that you truly enjoy doing and are passionate enough to put in the hours, then that’s where you need to be. I’m grateful to do what I’m passionate about in my hometown.”
A native of Wichita, Dr. Brown received his Doctor of Medicine from the University of Kansas School of Medicine in Kansas City, and completed his residency at the University of Kansas School of Medicine in Wichita.
Special Surgical Interests
Wichita Surgical Specialists: Wesley Medical Plaza
551 N. Hillside St., Suite 201
Wichita, KS 67214
Business Hours Telephone: 316-263-0296
Toll Free Telephone: 800-362-3130
- Medical Degree: Doctor of Medicine – University of Kansas School of Medicine; Kansas City, Kansas; 2002-2006
- Residency: General Surgery – University of Kansas School of Medicine; Wichita, Kansas; 2006-2011
- Fellowship: Minimally Invasive & Bariatric Surgery – University of Texas Health Science Center; Houston, Texas; 2011-2012
- American Board of Surgery, General Surgery; 2013 - Present
Current Teaching Appointments
- Clinical Assistant Professor: Department of Surgery, University of Kansas School of Medicine; Wichita, Kansas; 2012 - Present
- Principal Investigator for Clinical Research: Wichita, Kansas; 2023 - Present
- Medical Director: Bariatric Surgery, Wesley Medical Center; Wichita, Kansas
- Fellow, American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgeons
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Society of American Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons
- Medical Society of Sedgwick County
- Kansas Medical Society