My goal as a surgeon is to provide the best outcome that I can for the patient, to improve their preoperative state or function level to a more healthy level than they were existing at before.
Dr. Brent A. Lancaster is a board-certified general surgeon, specializing in a bariatric surgery practicing with Wichita Surgical Specialists. He performs minimally invasive laparoscopic bariatric surgery as well as advanced laparoscopic surgical procedures.
Another area he specializes in is endocrine surgery, the surgical treatment of diseases of the thyroid, parathyroid and adrenal glands.
“My goal as a surgeon is to provide the best outcome that I can for the patient, to improve their postoperative function to a healthier level than they were existing at before,” said Dr. Lancaster.
Special Surgical Interests
Wichita Surgical Specialists: Wesley Medical Plaza
551 N. Hillside St., Suite 201
Wichita, KS 67214
Business Hours Telephone: 316-263-0296
Toll Free Telephone: 800-362-3130
- Medical Degree: Doctor of Medicine – Texas A&M University College of Medicine; College Station, Texas; 7/86-6/90
- Residency: Preliminary Surgery – Mayo Graduate Medical Education, Mayo Foundation; Rochester, Minnesota; 6/90-6/91
- Residency: General Surgery – University of Kansas School of Medicine; Wichita, Kansas; 7/91-6/96
- American Board of Surgery; 1997 - Present
Current Teaching Appointments
- Clinical Associate Professor: Department of Surgery, University of Kansas School of Medicine; Wichita, Kansas; 2012 - Present
- Medical Director: Bariatric Surgery, Via Christi; Wichita, Kansas
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Fellow, American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
- Kansas Medical Society
- Medical Society of Sedgwick County
- Southwestern Surgical Congress
- Wichita Surgical Society
- Western Trauma Association
- Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons
- American College of Surgeons, Kansas Chapter