What I find most rewarding about my practice is helping people feel better. When you can help somebody walk further who hasn’t been able to walk to their mailbox and back, and they come to see you in the office and they give you a hug because they haven’t been able to enjoy the things in life that they’ve been missing out on for years … those things are very rewarding.
Dr. Jason D. Woolard is a board-certified vascular surgeon, practicing with Wichita Surgical Specialists as well as Vein Care Specialists (a subdivision).
“I’m most passionate about providing quality care for my patients in a way that not only helps to achieve a great outcome but to improve quality of life,” said Dr. Woolard.
Dr. Woolard is a proud Kansas native. His surgical specialties include carotid surgery and stenting; aneurysms and endovascular stent grafts; limb salvage; renal artery stenosis; dialysis access; and endovenous laser ablation and surgery for varicose veins.
In addition to his medical practice, Dr. Woolard is Clinical Assistant Professor at the University of Kansas School of Medicine – Wichita, General Surgery Residency program.
Special Surgical Interests
Wichita Surgical Specialists: Kansas Heart Office Plaza, Suite 103
9350 E. 35th St. N., Suite 103
Wichita, KS 67226
Business Hours Telephone: 316-858-5000
Toll Free Telephone: 866-858-5001
- Medical Degree: Doctor of Medicine – University of Kansas School of Medicine; Kansas City, Kansas; 1999-2003
- Residency: General Surgery – University of Kansas School of Medicine; Wichita, Kansas; 2003-2008
- Fellowship: Vascular Surgery – Baylor University Medical Center; Dallas, Texas; 2008-2010
- American Board of Surgery, Vascular Surgery; 2011 - Present
Current Teaching Appointments
- Clinical Assistant Professor: Department of Surgery, University of Kansas School of Medicine; Wichita, Kansas; 2011 - Present
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Fellow, Southwestern Surgical Congress
- Kansas Medical Society
- Medical Society of Sedgwick County
- Society for Vascular Surgery