David C. Grantham, MD, FACS General Surgeon
The most rewarding thing is when you see a patient walking and they’re smiling and they’re incredibly grateful for what you were able to do for them. It’s truly amazing to be able to help them get back on their feet.
Dr. David C. Grantham specializes in burn and trauma surgery, surgical critical care and general surgery with Wichita Surgical Specialists.
“My patient philosophy and method of care is to put the patient first,” said Dr. Grantham. “It’s my job to discuss the different choices a patient might have, but what is best for them is what’s most important to me.”
Born in New Orleans, Louisiana, Dr. Grantham received his Doctor of Medicine from the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston, TX, and completed his general surgery residency at the University of Oklahoma College of Medicine in Tulsa. He completed his fellowship at the University of Texas Medical Branch where he focused on surgical critical care and burn surgery.
Special Surgical Interests
Wichita Surgical Specialists: Main Office
818 N Emporia St,, Suite 200
Wichita, KS 67214
Business Hours Telephone: 316-263-0296
Toll Free Telephone: 800-362-3130
- Medical Degree: Doctor of Medicine – University of Texas Medical Branch; Galveston, Texas; 2005-2009
- Residency: General Surgery – University of Oklahoma College of Medicine; Tulsa, Oklahoma; 2009-2014
- Fellowship: Surgical Critical Care/Burn – University of Texas Medical Branch; Galveston, Texas; 2014-2015
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Society of American Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES)
- Kansas Medical Society
- Medical Society of Sedgwick County