I am deeply committed to helping my patients in their time of need by providing them with the highest quality of care and the personalized attention that they require.
Born in Boston, Massachusetts, Dr. Shapiro received his Doctor of Medicine and completed his general surgery residency from Tulane University School of Medicine in New Orleans, Louisiana. He completed his fellowship at the University of Nevada Las Vegas focused on acute care surgery.
“As a trauma and critical care surgeon, I understand that I am meeting many of my patients and their families on the worst days of their life,” said Dr. Shapiro. “I am deeply committed to helping them in their time of need by providing my patients with the highest quality of care and the personalized attention that they require.”
Dr. Shapiro is also committed to continuing medical education and staying on the forefront of medical advancements and new surgical techniques so his patients can always receive the highest possible level of care.
- Medical Degree: Doctor of Medicine – Tulane University School of Medicine; New Orleans, Louisiana; 2012-2016
- Residency: General Surgery – Tulane University School of Medicine; New Orleans, Louisiana; 2016-2021
- Fellowship: Acute Care Surgery – University of Nevada Las Vegas; Las Vegas, Nevada; 2021-2023
- American Board of Surgery, General Surgery; 2022
- American Board of Surgery, Surgical Critical Care; 2022